Have you noticed that there aren’t enough emergency and exit lights in your building?
Do you have enough lights, but they don’t work properly?
Emergency lighting is required to illuminate areas of your building when things go wrong, for example:
- When the normal electrical supply is interrupted by a utility outage
- If there is a fire or electrical failure within the building
- To light pathways and exits that lead out of the building in case of an evacuation
Your employees are the source of your company’s well-being and productivity. Additionally, as a business owner, your employees’ safety should be of the utmost importance to you!
You want your emergency and exit lights to be the best they can be. There are several ways you can give your emergency and exit lights a boost to make them the most efficient:
- Meet all requirements by your local building code and OSHA – Every sign has to say “exit” and the letters have to be at least 6 inches high. The sign must be clearly visible, and additionally, you should check with your local building code to see if your signs comply.
- Did you know exit lights aren’t always red? You can also get them in green, and in some cases, orange. Some states or municipalities specify a color, and you should check with your building code to see if you have to change the color of your lights before your next inspection.
- Consider switching to LEDs! Highly energy-efficient, LEDs in your emergency lights use only 1.5 watts for single-face signs. Illumination from LED light also travels farther.
- Have the lights in peak working order at all times. At minimum, your exit signs need to be tested in emergency mode once every month. Check with your local jurisdiction for minimum monthly testing requirements.
- Use downlights as a “hidden” source for your emergency lighting needs. You can use downlights that can provide your ambient lighting with emergency battery units that can quickly light the pathway to exits in case of an emergency.
RP Lighting + Fans Has the Emergency/Exit Lighting You Need for Your Business
Not sure where to start or overwhelmed by the options available? Talk to one of our experts! Get specific exits signs and emergency units for both indoor and outdoor applications, remote heads (for specific models), specialty die cast, and more for your building.
We have sales reps across the country to help you get the perfect solution for your application. Contact us today to find out more!